Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #590

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, George Booth wrote:

[snipped long list of highly practical suggestions for solving lighting
problems]

> Or, better yet, build a greenhouse (wethouse?) for the aquarium!

Sort of an aqua-gazebo sort of thing?

> Any thoughts?

How about this....

We should go to Thailand and build our outdoor planted tanks there, then
setup a video cam and remote controlled robotic arms so that we can not
only view the beautiful results, but do the satisfying hands-on work like
cleaning the tank, fertilizing, replanting and pruning the plants through
an internet link.

We would certainly have to employ someone in Thailand to help with the
occasional problems, rent space for the tank and buy supplies locally all
of which would be great for the Thai economy.  They'd love it!

I'm sure that whoever gets to there and does this first will be able to
make huge chunks of money selling systems and services to the rest of us!

Roger Miller

In Albuquerque, thinking maybe the indoor-outdoor aquarium could be
incorporated in the Rio Grande light rail system with only a minor
increase in federal funding...