Re:pH Controller Wanted

Tom wrote:
>Hi All,
>I'm looking for an inexpensive way to control my pH through
>my CO2 tank solenoid valve.  Any thoughts or ideas...other
>than paying $300+ for a mailorder controller?

I don't think you are going to find anything for less than about
$190(US) for the pinpoint controller.

If you are somewhat knowledgable in electronics you could build one
yourself. Because things happen slowly and we operate or aquariums in
a narrow temperature and pH range you can use fairly simple circuits.
You can find an example of a controller at
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/hurley-co2.html

I'm currently building a controller and it will be about $40 plus $35
for the electrode.

==
Jim Spencer
Sayre, PA