"Micro Sword"

>Does any one know of any way to get this plant to grow to its "carpet"
>potential, I have a bunch that has spread somewhat with small runners.
>What I have read is that it likes bright light, yet in my tank (29g 60w,
>sand substrate) the plant spreads to areas of lower light?? Any Hints?

If you are talking about Lillaeopsis, I find that it grows better with
light levels closer to 3w/g.  It also seems to prefer water a little harder
than Glossostigma, making it a good option for those who have problems with
that plant.  It does best in a fine substrate, as it has a hard time
staying rooted in coarse materials.  As long as part of it has bright
light, the stand will also creep around into shadier areas of the tank.  In
these areas, the blades will be longer, but so will the space between blades.

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association