Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #580

At 10:42 PM 10/16/98 -0400,  Carlos Munoz opined:
< If you're providing extra nutrients with
>a *functional* UG, you're limited to dosing drops (PMDD) and individually-
>potted plants.

<booth>

I have just put a Jobe's fern stick (actually half of one) in a shallow
dish of gravel in the bottom of my tank with a ugf.   I rooted some Anubias
in the dish of gravel so that they can benefit from the Jobes stick.  You
can actually use laterite with a ugf if you can stick out the periods while
it gravitates to the less circulated areas.