Re: styrofoam and cracking tanks

Steve writes:

<snip>>  This helps to relieve any stress points and
>  avoid a possibly twisted stand.<snip>>

I recently bought a simple ten-gallon stand.  When I got it home, I noticed
that the bottom shelf was not properly aligned.  I returned immediately to
Petsmart, and was offered a cheerful exchange.  After testing a tank on both
shelves of all twelve stands in the store, I found only one of them to be
properly built.  This stand was a major brand of good repute.  Just a word of
warning.  Can anyone here say for sure that the styrofoam thing really helps?

Bob Dixon