Contact reactions to plants?

Hi, a fish-pal just shipped me several aquatic plants for our 40g goldfish
tank.  Main one I've had contact with is Salvinia..has anyone here ever had a
contact skin reaction to floating plants, Salvinia in particular?  What was
tiny, red dots on my forearm a few hours ago is now swollen, hivey lookin
areas..yet no itching.

Thanks, and if you could reply privately as well to RomiIy at aol_com would
appreciate it..don't always have time to go thru the whole list..