fuzz on plants?

Hello all,

I thought what I had was hair algae but after reading the archives from
numerous postings I am very speculative on it being hair algae.
Reasons?  1) it forms a 'fuzz' on the plants only 2) it looks like hair
but finer and forms a mesh 3) it's somewhat of a light greenish color 4)
if I brush it off it tends to grow back very fast.  Any one know what
this fuzzy crap is and what I have done wrong and how can I get rid of
it?  It's now on my lace leaf plants and they are looking awfull :(

Ed