Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #558

At 03:48 AM 10/6/98 -0400, wayne jones said:
>Anyway, I would like to point out that lumens is very useful for comparing
>ballasts

Two more questions to ask when comparing ballasts:

1.  Will it trip my gfi?   Most newer all-electronic ballasts will.  So you
lose the protection of your gfi.

2.  Will it cause a lot of rfi?   Most ballasts will.   It is pretty hard
to suppress without building an all metal hood (possibly with a plastic or
wood overlay).

These are the two problems I alluded to in my "dream" hood.