Re: Algae story (fairy tale???)

>From: Olga Betts <sae at arts_ubc.ca>
>Probably water currents in the tank, temperature slightly different (where
>is the heater?), light levels there a bit different...who knows.

>From: Carlos Munoz <cmunoz at crystal_cirrus.com>
>The light shading's different, the water current's different...could be so
>many things.
I forgot to mentio water movement. As Olga and Carlos indicate, water
current is likely to be another important variant. Maybe because the moving
water keeps the algae in fresh supply of nutrients and CO2... especially
when some nutrients (including carbon) are in short supply. In my one tank
that periodically gets BBA, the outflow of the submerged filter spray bar
is the first place I see it. In nature, BBA  is found in fast flowing
streams. That is also why it is equipted to attach so tenaciously to objects.

Neil Frank