RE: Hair today (and hair tomorrow maybe)

Well from personal experience I've had problems adding iron-based
fertilisers to encourage plants to out-do the algae. I got an outbreak of
BBA almost from nothing by adding Bioplast Ferroplant, which is just
chelated iron. Black furry edges to the leaves of most of my Java Ferns!
Horrors! Have since read that iron is taken up by some algaes, so read
around.

Regarding nitrates - have high tapwater nitrates here in UK. Have found only
reliable way is fast growing plants - Hygro, Java Ferns, etc.

Good luck
Phil Bixby
York, UK