Re: Low oxygen vs. high CO2

>Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:32:35 -0400
>From: "Christopher Coleman" <christopher.coleman at worldnet_att.net>
>I think 2.8ppm is pretty low and it showed in  _very_ rapid breathing of
>the SAEs ... but they still lived.  So I pose the question:  is it a
>reduction
>in the ABSOLUTE level of oxygen which bothers the fish or is it a reduction
>RELATIVE to the level their accustomed level?

If their physiology is anything like ours, it's relative. People living at
higher altitudes generate more red blood cells in response to reduced oygen
levels. We go back to "normal" after a few days at sea level.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Back on-line! New URL! Slightly new look! Same good data! More to come!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/