re: Low oxygen vs. high CO2

>David Ozenne wrote:
>
>I conclude from this that the SAEs are more sensitive
>to low oxygen conditions ....

In the posts one month back I noted that I had a situation once wherein
equipment failure brought the oxygen level down to 2.8ppm.  I estimate
it could have been this low for about 5 hrs.

I think 2.8ppm is pretty low and it showed in  _very_ rapid breathing of
the SAEs ... but they still lived.  So I pose the question:  is it a
reduction
in the ABSOLUTE level of oxygen which bothers the fish or is it a reduction
RELATIVE to the level their accustomed level?

Christopher Coleman
christopher.coleman at worldnet_att.net