Setting up new tank

David:

I think that as you have presented your goals and questions
for your system there is not really anything wrong here.

However,  the choice of substrate and hood are design choices
_will_  constrict you to the goals you defined.  I'd be tempted to
make decisions on the hood and (especially) the substrate which
could offer more flexibility if your goals change later.

I know this sounds like somewhat of a bland statement but I
think it's important.  On the chance your goals do change at some
point in the future,  you  _will_  spend more money and time later
replacing the substate and  hood.

Christopher Coleman
christopher.coleman at worldnet_att.net