Lighting Recommendations - Tech help needed

Hi all,

I could do with a little help regarding lighting my planted Discus tank
which is a 24" Cube. I live in the UK so getting hold of Metal Halide is not
easy. I presently use a 4500K 125 Watt Mercury Vapour Bulb.

I WANT to use flourescents - how many, what type, what wattage etc - looking
for circa 3 Watts/gall

I hear alot about electronic ballasts & T8`s etc - what is my best option
(assuming I can get hold of them) - Tritons are available in the UK.

Andy Moore  -  andy at ascot_u-net.com

BBb Tuba Player in the Poulton-le-Fylde Brass Band: &
aquatic plant enthusiast

http://www.ascot.u-net.com/home/Band.htm