Re: foxtail a.k.a. limnophillia indica / Limnophilia aquatica

> Here we go with that common name stuff again. Here in NE Florida, the
> plant sold as Foxtail, is Myriophyllum hippuroides (water milfoil).
> Native to North America and Mexico.

Those common names are a pain aren't they? Here Myriophyllum is known as Parrots
feather and Foxtail or Ambula is Limnophilia. I have both. The Limnophilia has
finer, longer leaves and, for me at least grows much nicer than the Myriophyllum.
The Myriophyllum alwas wants to be a floating plant. I have to trim them all the
time otherwise they become long leafless stems and a little tuft of leaves
(leaves/needles) on the tops. The Limnophilia is much nicer, more fine, more full
and much easier to keep nice in the aquarium. It also tends to sometimes grow
along the bottom of the tank too, anchoring down with roots along the stem  and
sending up more shoots that way.

Rhonda

--
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/RhondaWilson/