ReNymphae zenkeri

Hi  I have a red nymphae zenkeri which seems to be melting away.  The l.arge
leaves are starting to peel away.  It is growing in a pot with dupla
laterite as a base and gravel on top of it.  I have a discus tank with a
temperature of 29C and a PH of 6.8.  There is a Dupla CO2 Unit with Reactor
and Alpha Controller and a NEC Triphosphor and Coralife Spectramax bulb for
lighting.  The tank is 2ft. deep.  There is also a UV running for 12 hours
with the lights. Does anyone know why this is happening?  I hope someone can
help as this is a lovely plant.

Regards Joan