Sochting Dosator

<Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:17:43 EDT
<From: AquaServe at aol_com
<Subject: Continuous supplimentation of iron

Has anyone heard of or had any experience with a new contraption called a
"Dosator" by Sochting?  Accoring to an ad I have just read, it uses oxygen
releasing tablets that slowly release a liquid iron fertilizer into the
aquarium.  I am starting a new live planted aquarium and would like to make
it
more user friendly than some others I have had in the past.  I travel often
and am not able to replenish the iron in my tanks as often as I would like.
This unit would prove very useful if it works. Any information would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.<

Duane Clark>>

Duane,

I live in the UK & I purchased one of these devices several years ago (5 yrs
?) - they are not new. I believe they originate from Germany. I have not
used mine for years. It basically consists of a small clear plastic vial
with a very heavy clay-type base to hold it down. For me, the device never
worked as it should have done mainly because of my water temperatures. As my
tank Discus/Planted tank runs around 83 degrees, the fertiliser was used up
too quickly, I could never get the balance just right.

Hope this helps

Andy Moore  -  andy at ascot_u-net.com

Planted Aquarium Tank Fanatic &
BBb Tuba Player in the Poulton-le-Fylde Brass Band:-

http://www.ascot.u-net.com/home/Band.htm