Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #529

At 03:48 PM 9/21/98 -0400, Wright wrote:
( I LOVE typing that!)
>Since the glass and the water have similar index of refraction, the
>surface tends to *almost* disappear when the tank is filled. Most
>deposits would not have an index near enough to 1.5 to vanish like that.
>I do wish it was easier to clean in those areas, tho.

OK, now THAT (erosion, etching) is credible.   I had a big fight with
someone who will remain unnamed who also claimed SiO2 deposition and I
refused to believe it.   If it is erosion, there are glass polishing
compounds (used by telescope makers) that should solve the problem.  They
have abrasives that go all the way from major glass removal to polishing to
.1 wave should you feel so inclined.

--
FormMaestro                              <http://www.wcf.com>