RE: water sprire in low light

>Water sprite in low light?? really?? I've never been able to grow them
>in anything but really high lighting.

I have no problems whatsoever with water sprite. I use it on my experiments in breeding Anabantids as a floating anchor for nests and it never stops appearing and growing everywhere in all my 15 tanks. Sometimes its behaviour resembles more like a weed than anything else.
My tanks are fluorescent lit with 1,3 W/G and water parameters are  1º<GH<3º and  6,5<pH<6.9. As for nutrients 0,9 ml/G of Fe liquid compound every 11 days.
This is just a small contribution to the problem.
Diogo Higgs
dgamahiggs at mail_telepac.py