Water Sprite in low light

Last winter I purchased some water sprite for a small 10 gal. tank which
had about 1 watt per gallon of light and no micronutrients added or
special substrate. I put it in the tank (floating) and it just took
over(I have a pH of about 6.5 to 7 in that tank)! I had enough to give
to my husband for his tank and to use in two other tanks I have.

Then I decided this live plant thing was pretty cool, I should probably
add more light! I increased light to 2 watts per gallon and I'll have to
admit the water sprite is not doing as well. I sure does work well for
raising fry, though, so I do like to keep it. I am currently adding some
micronutrients to the larger tanks and that seems to have helped.

Dru Fenster
Juneau, Alaska