[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New 75 questions.
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: New 75 questions.
- From: "Adam R. Novitt" <novitt at javanet_com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:03:07 -0400
- Disposition-Notification-To: "Adam R. Novitt" <novitt at javanet_com>
- Importance: Normal
- In-Reply-To: <199809170748.DAA06881 at acme_actwin.com>
I'm in the process of setting up my 75. I want to use my old wet/dry as a
sump and co2 reactor. I have 3 ballasts with 3 t-8s on each, for a total of
9 f32 t-8s. I plan to run compressed co2 into the wet dry during the and
hour after startup until and hour before the shutdown of the lights. I am
only using about a gallon of media. I've never needed filtration on an
optimized plant tank before and I'm not really using it as a filter now.
I'm thinking that the gas exchange inside the enclosed wet/dry in the
enclosed cabinet with the days buildup of excess co2 will actually lend to a
pretty stable pH. Any thoughts or comments.
I also have an Iwaki 'Quarium pump, 2MXQDX-SC rated at 650 GPH @ 3. I
figure I'll be pushing around 550 at my head height is this too much?
Excited about the new tank!!