Re: Edible plantsfor turtles

Richard Hostler wrote:

> Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:34:03 -0400
> From: Hostler Richard <rhostler at pcconnection_com>
> Subject: Edible plants for turtles.
>
> I searched the archive and found little on the subject so I figured I
> would offer up the question to all of you. I am looking for a list of
> plants which aquatic turtles (red-eared sliders, eastern painted
> turtles) will eat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Also in my plant tank I added an AquaClear301 power head. I am wondering
> if connecting the line from my 2L DIY CO2 will be a problem. Can the 301
> create enough suction to draw the yeast into the tank. The 301 is 8"
> bellow the surface.
>
> Richard Hostler
> Product Information Editor
> PC Connections
> (603) 423-2234

Hi Richard,

  You'd be better off asking what won't they eat <g>  I give my extras
to a friend with turtles (when there isn't a fish club meeting).  He
say's they will tear through a 5 gal bucket of plants in a day and a
half (he has a 375gal turtle basin full o' turtles).  Haven't found
anything they don't like.

Bjorn Straube
AGA