Re: Too many roots

> This plant grows so fast, it can look lousy in a hurry
> due to its high need for nutrients.
>
> I only notice the "unsightly" root problem (if it is a
> problem) when the lower leaves fall off.  The lower
> leaves only fall off when the plant needs nutrients.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Roxanne Bittman

Thanks for this post, Roxanne!

I assume you mean 'feed' with NPK, right?  Not trace elements?

Another question, do you think that higher levels of nutrients in the
water column, as opposed to the substrate, could encourage 'unsightly'
root growth?  I'm thinking specifically about overfeeding as a
contributing factor... at least, if there isn't sufficient nutrition in
the substrate... Just a thought.

Alysoun McLaughlin
Wheaton, Maryland