Re Plant Anchors and CO2

Can anyone tell me how to anchor plants till the roots take over.  I have
used the lead tags but they do not seem to work.

Also I have another question regarding CO2.  I have read many posts about
members mentioning pearling on plants.  I have a Dupla CO2 Unit regulated by
their Alpha CO2 Controller but do not see any pearling effect.  There is a
visual test gadget with this unit which indicates that there is an optimum
level of CO2 in the tank.  I was wondering if  in fact enough CO2 is getting
into the water.