Dupla fertilizer system and black brush algea

Hi,
I am new on this mailing list and I have some questions about Dupla
fertilizer system.
First of all, Duplaplant is only added with fresh water and Dupla does
not say how often water changes are necessary. So, I don't think that it
depends on plant grow. What about your experiences? An other problem is
the iron. With the iron fertilizer (Duplaplant 24), which I use as Dupla
suggested, I get an iron level of 0.5 ppm. Is it to much?
What can I do to get black brush algea out of my 100g planted discus
tank?

Any helpfull informations are welcome.

Juergen Schilling
Steinenbronn, SW-Germany