Re: Trace elements w/o Fe

Frank I. Reiter said...

>For some time now I have been wondering whether my plants are a bit short of
>some trace element.

<deleted bits>

>Many of us have experimented with adding other iron sources to our tanks.
>My own tanks have latterite for example.  Is it possible that by doing this
>we make it more difficult to maintain healthy levels of other
>micronutrients?
>
>Can anybody suggest a source for a trace element mix w/o Fe?

Hi Frank,

B & B Hydroponics on MacArthur St. have some individually chelated
ingredeints. As I mentioned on this List, my E. hormanii was
suffering from some sort of deficit. I bought chelated zinc and
added it to my PMDD. The chlorosis has been banished these last
two months. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the Chelated
Micronutrient Mix from Plant Products Ltd. may be a bit short on
the zinc. I'm sure that B & B would have other metal chelates as
well as boric acid and molybdenum.

By the way your lobelia is still alive and growing slowly.

--
Dave Whittaker
ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.ca