No Subject

I am in the process of starting up a 100 gallon aquarium I just got
and was curious about substrate options.  I have been using a 50/50
mix of Flourite and gaquarium gravel in my 60 gallon, but I don't
relish the idea of spending the money for the extra required to do up
the 100 gal (I'm stripping the 60 to set up the larger tank.  The dead
oak leaves in the tank with the apistogramma cacatouides I plan to
breed probably won't appreciate the VHO as much).  I know very little
about laterite and how it is used, as well as other options.  I want
to stay away for soil and kitty litter substrates, simply because I
don't want to deal with the clouding issues.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Justin Collins

===

The moving cursor writes, and having written, blinks on.