Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 11:26:33 -0400
From: Dorian McMillan <mcmilland at cofc_edu>
Subject: Flagfish

Hello group-

After months of lurking, I thought I'd send an inquiry.  After reading rave
reviews of American Flagfish in the archives, I got a pair (male and
female) for my ca. 170 L tank.  I've discovered that rather than eat just
algae, they are actually eating the leaves!  They've made a real mess of
the hygro.  I cannot find any other Cyprinodontid that looks like
*Jordanella floridae*, so presumably I have the right beastie--anybody else
had this experience?  Do you need to bribe them with some other food when
algae is low?  They won't touch flake.

Cheers!

Dorian

In Charleston, SC  where it is triple H weather (hot, hazy, and humid)