Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #480

In a message dated 8/29/98 1:08:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Aquatic-Plants-
Owner at actwin_com writes:

<<
 I've used CopperSafe, one drop per gallon, two to three applications in
 one week, no water changes, on three occasions in my heavily planted,
 heavily stocked tank.  Each time, it's solved the problem (cotton-mouth
 on new rasboras, then ripped fins on newly transplanted angelfish).

 I've had no resulting problems with the fish or plants.

 Alysoun McLaughlin
 Wheaton, Maryland

As Mardel Labs/St. Jon's Tech. Rep. (manufacturers of Coppersafe), as well as
a friendly, neighborhood, pet-fish ichthyologist, I'd like to encourage folks
to 1) utilize a chelated copper test kit for monitoring concentration, and 2)
remove the compound from the water after effecting a cure... chronic
appreciable copper exposure is of detriment to fishes and plants.
Bob Fenner