silicon

I'm constructing a wet/dry filter and I was curious if the GE brand
Window and Door Sealent is safe to use. It says that it is "mildew
resistant, water tight, wil not shrink or yellow, perminantly flexiable,
withstands the most extreme conditions, low oder, and 100%

  IMO and my experience as well.. any silicone that says it is
mildew resistant is not aquarium safe.  I have found the big tubes
(that you put in a caulking gun ) available at a very good price
at paint stores.

Basil J. Miller