Re: Buffering Capacity

>Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 01:34:33 EDT
>From: MarkyTkd at aol_com
>Subject: Buffering Capacity

>I have a 55 gallon tank with a pH of 7.4. I am going to change this tank into
>a soft, acidic envionment for my new Angelfish. My pH will not go down no
>matter what I do. I have added pH down, CO2, etc. Does it have something
to do
>with Buffering Capacity? I have no idea. I am a beginner lost in a world of
>aquaria.

>Any advice?

Mark,

You didn't mention your kH and GH, but it doesn't matter.  You should be
able to raise and breed angels just fine in your water.  My pH is 8.1
(lowered to 7.4 by CO2), GH 18 (329 mg/L), kH 8.4 (150 mg/L), which is
moderately hard, but I bred and raised angels just fine.  Wild angels live
in soft, acidic water, but commercially raised angels are used to much
harder water.

Hoa
Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/