Re:GE bulbs

Alysoun wrote

>Second question --
>
>from my reading of the archives, it sounds like GE's >Sunshine bulbs
are preferred to their Plant and Aquarium >bulbs.  Is this the
prevailing wisdom?  I think they were >like $7 each, compared to $5
for the Plant and Aquarium >bulbs...

A better choice might be the Sylvania Designer 865 lamps.  These are
daylight lamps that have a much higher initial lumen output than the
sunshine lamp( 3100 vs 2250 for the 40W lamps).  You can get them for
about $8.50 each. Because they have a long life and a very good lumen
maintaince they may be cheaper in the long run.

==
Jim Spencer
Sayre, PA