Re: Girls and plants

>> George-you forgot the most important reason to keep a beautiful planted
>> tank-it's a great way to meet girls! ;-)>
>>        Gerry Skau
>>        ANS BigDial Engineering
>
>Huh! Speak for yourself. The only lasses who take an interest in my
>plant tank are either botanists and more interested in taking my
>plants apart to see how they work, or microbiologists who are
>interested in seeing what sort of noo-noos live in my substrate. One
>a more serious note, I just lost all my neons and Pristellas to what
>I suspect is nitrate poisening. Ah well we live and learn.
>
>Jacques

I don't know about meeting girls... I mean, you have to get them into your
house before they see your tank, and by that point, you've already picked
them up, right?  Although, I'm sure it is a great way to impress girls once
you've got them in the door...

I do know about keeping the girls, though.  In my case, one too many fights
about 'his tank' led to my own tank, my own fish, and he wasn't allowed to
put his hands in my tank.  Then I got into the plants, and since we now have
facets of the hobby that are more 'his' (first it was rift cichlids, now
it's apistos, which are thankfully more compatible with my plants) and
facets that are more 'mine' (plants), we don't even need to have 'his tanks'
or 'my tanks'.

Some friends have had a parallel experience, where the tank that was first
'hers' (planted tank that he wasn't allowed to interfere with) has now
expanded into their hobby, as he got into discus and apistos.

Alysoun McLaughlin
Wheaton, Maryland