Re: Lilaeopsis

Michael D Nielsen asks...

>I checked in the archives and the consesus seemed to be that to get "micro
>sword" to grow you need a rich substrate and good light.

I haven't found that a rich substrate is necessary. I does fine for
me in moderate to bright light. In heavily planted tanks it doesn't
appear to compete very effectively. The best growth has been in tanks
where it was the dominant species with lots of space to spread. I'm
not even sure that CO2 fertilization makes much difference. The water
is soft. Try fertilizing the water column with PMDD. I bet that it
can't get at any nutrients.

--
Dave Whittaker
ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.ca