Personal Goals

>    * To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
>    * Subject: Personal Goals
>    * From: krandall at world_std.com
>    * Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:32:41 -0400

>   I'd like to hear
> from some of you hundreds of "lurkers" on this list.  What is important to
> _you_ in your planted tank hobby?
> Here's my list.

1. Beauty. Winter can be tough in New England. What better way to cheer
up the house than a beautiful tank when there's 12 inches of snow on the
ground. I've kept a reef tank in the past. I think planted tanks look
nicer now that I've seen what the possibilites are.

2 Provide a healthy environment for fish. I've noticed that my fish
behave differently (more naturally ?) in the short time I've been
keeping plants.

3. Provide a creative outlet. The aquascaping possibilites when plants
are added to the mix seem limitless.

4. Observing and learning. I like to study a system which includes
plants and fish to understand why things happen, good or bad. Adding
plants to tanks which used to contain fish only has added another entire
dimension to my hobby.

Henry Hatch
2 Kennedy Lane apt. 3
Milford, Ma. 01757