Vallisneria problems

I have a 20 high with vallisneria, various swords, and crypts species.
The val has basically stopped growing and has started to shed its
leaves. The ech tennelus has transparent leaves, and the other sword
plant has little or no growth.  The crypts have have yellowish green
leaves but continues to put out healthy growth. My tank conditions are
ph 7.6, hard water, full spectrum lighting, laterite in gravel,
occasional liquid fertilizer. It would seem some trace element/mineral
is lacking, because just a few months ago I was pulling out handfuls of
excessive growth of the val. Any help would be appreciated.