Re: Re: pumice

>Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 01:08:12 EDT
>From: IDMiamiBob at aol_com
>Subject: Re: pumice
>
>Thanks to Dave Gomberg, I have located a company in Dallas that has informed
>me they have pumice in a wide range of sizes from "fine sand" to two inches.
>Has anyone seen the Amano substrate, or have a suggestion what size grains
>would work well?
Yes, I do.

ADA use white pumice (which I think it richer in sylicates and allumicates
SiO4 & Al2O3) and they use 3 different sizes accordingly with the tank's
height.
small size for tank less than 40cm high
medium size for tank between 40cm and 60cm high
large size for tank more than 60cm high

The small size I used is 5-8mm diameter in size.

Sincerely,
Luca Specchio