Re: Carbon properties

>Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 11:16:30 +0800 (SGT)
>From: Casey Huang <yhplsing at singnet_com.sg>
>Subject: Carbon properties
>
>Hi Luca,
Hi Casey

>What about the size of the pores, for SIPORAX it is 60 to 300 microns
>which correspond exactly to the hollow spaces in loose-packed earth
>according to SCHOTT. The surface area for activated carbon might be
>much more but would the pores be too small?
For example the activated carbon that ADA propones has two pores sizes: 50
microns and 230 microns.
Tha activated carbon that some RO units use can be up to 5 microns pore
size. If you want I can send you the scanned pictures of the bacteria that
colonized carbonfrom ADA AJ.

Best Regards,
Luca Specchio