Recommended plants for hard, alkaline water?

Dana J. Scott wrote:

>Can anyone recommend specific plants that do well in hard (100 to 250 ppm
>depending on how well my water softener is functioning - much harder if I
>run out of salt) water with an average pH of 8.0?  Thanks.

Well, My tap water is 150 ppm hardness, and the pH without supplemental CO2
is over 8.6.  I can grow most plants except those that require very soft
water.  I would be more concerned with the NaCL from your softener than I
would be about the hard water.

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association