Re: Activated Carbon funnn!!!!

For you people who are into this a great place for some REAL info, not the
oft repeated garbage we are all familiar with is a two part article in
aquarium frontiers.

The address is www.aquariumfrontiers.com and you would want to go to past
issues, May and June 1998.  I cannot remember the author, but he has
actually performed real tests with carbon in saltwater.  He comes to
conclusions about which brands remove the most stuff, how the use of
activated carbon impacts trace elements, flow rates and positions for
placement of carbon, and amounts to use.  This is for saltwater, but I
think there should be no major problems applying this information to
fresh.

Basically this is what we need.  Real tests done in a scientific manner
like many on this list advocate for everything from lighting to
substrates.

o    Mike Nielsen                                                        u
m    Department of Geography         THE OPTIMIST BELIEVES WE LIVE IN    ?
a    Harvill Bldg Box #2             THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS;    w
r    Tucson, AZ 85721                THE PESSIMIST FEARS THIS IS SO      h
e    mnielsen at u_arizona.edu                                              o