[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #430

At 15:48 -0400 8/5/98, Steve Pushak <teban at powersonic_bc.ca> wrote:
>Subject: Giardia
>Never drink aquarium water. Wash your hands before handling food.
>Consider your aquarium water contaminated mainly by Salmonella but also
>by amoeba and a hoarde of other protozoans and bacteria. I think Giardia
>requires an animal host to survive... true or false?

I drank a mouthful of aquarium water by accident a couple of months ago
when I was starting a siphon. I suffered no adverse physiological effects.
My kids, however, did not fail to point out that fish poop in it!