Letters in 'Big Plant List'????

Hi,

I saw 'The Big Plant List' (Original list by George Booth. Corrections and
additions by Neil Frank. Translation to Amiga by Len Trigg. Translation to
HTML by Erik Olson.) on the web.

I have copied a bit of it here and was wondering what all of the letters
after the species name means?

Ceratophyllum demersum (A,B1,D,G,R,S1,S2,W,Y) "Hornwort"
Ceratophyllum submersum (B2,D,G,J,R,V)

Andy Holmes   West Sussex, ENGLAND

andyholmes at btinternet_com

   "They invade our space, and we fall back.
They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back.
   Not again. The line must be drawn here.
             This far, no farther.
And I will make them pay for what they've done."

  Picard, Startrek: First Contact.