Re: Lagarosiphon mad.

>Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 09:51:17 -0700
>From: Roxanne Bittman <RBITTMAN at hq_dfg.ca.gov>
>Subject: Lagarosiphon mad.

>I had a similar experience:  I ordered the Lag. mad.
> The leaves also appeared shorter on my plant
>and they distincly curved downwards.  Altogether, not
>a very attractive plant; I didn't end up keeping it.
Yes, I did the same: this Lag. Mad. is quite unattractive and so I took it
out of my tank.

>I would still like to find Lag. mad. that looks like the one
>in Amano's pictures...but, the search continues.
Yes! Indeed!

But here in Europe I really don't know where I can find it because neither
Tropika nor Dennerle - that the two biggest (and only!) plat nurseries -
"apparently" have that plant Mr. Amano calls Lag. Mad.
I think we need an expert in plants who can tell us the right scientific
name of that plant. In my opinion the best person might be Christel
Kasselmann, but ANYBODY who's able to tell us something about that plant is
welcome. That's why I cross-posted the msg. onto the on the newsgroup
news://rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants with the pictures (probably it takes
some days to the msg. with the attachments to be sent on all the servers
worldwide, just be patient!).
As soon as I know something new, I'll post onto the AP list as well.

Sincerely,
Luca Specchio