Re:Beginners plants for low llight

Karen Randall's list is great - thanks Karen. There should be enough there
for most people to succeed with and get some confidence.

I was interested to see her comments about Cabomba. All species have been
declared noxious here in my home state of Queensland because of the problem
of feral establishment in the wild and the effects on native habitats and
drinking water processing.

I have been suggesting our native Limnophilas (Ambulias) as alternatives as
being more attractive, easier to grow under aquarium conditions and less
risk to the environment. It is strange that C. caroliniana which is the
major pest species of the genus is the one that seems to be hardest to grow
in aquaria - I guess because of temperature preferences especially.

Regards,
Bruce.