Fwd : [plantnutx] Re: Stripped Down Tank (.

------------------
>Like KC mentioned...when you saw the fishes gulping for air, I think it's
>related to a excess CO2 problem, causing O2 deprivation and sudden
lowering
>of PH. Pls let us know your CO2, PH and KH levels taken at that point in
>time if you had.

Hi Roy,
I don't think it was excess CO 2 because that was kept constant all the
time. PH was at 6.8 but did not measure PH and KH. I think it was a
bacteria bloom from the dead suckers decomposing and a slight over feeding
2 days before. When I saw them gulping, I off the CO 2 and added aeration.

>When fishes die, and after several hours (a day?), fungus attack will set
>in and they will be covered with these white velvety stuff....It may not
>have necessarily caused its death, but a consequence after death

No, they were covered white and still alive with clamped fins and inactive.