Re: Tank repairs

I know this is not plant related but I want to pass this on so other
want make the same mistake I have been making. As stated before I had
a 60G with a frame that broke at the corner. I have had fits sealing
this tank. Every time it would come loose and pour out 40 gallons of
water.

What I finally discovered was that when repairing the tank you need to
use the silicone BETWEEN the two glass sheets as a glue. Not just in
the corners as a sealer! I was repairing the plastic frame thinking
that it was holding the glass together, a structural member of the
tank. Then I will seal the corners and fill with water. Soon it would
break loose and then the silicone would give and major flood! So now
once it quits raining here I will fix this one right.

Hope this helps someone from making the same dumb mistakes I did! Oh
yea, thanks to those that wrote with suggestions too!

Jeff <*\\><
"Consider carefully what you hear", he continued "With the measure you
use it, it will be measured to you -- and even more.  Whoever has will
be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken
from him." Mark 4:24,25
www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"