CO2 Distribution

> From: Ric Cooney <rcooney at bcpl_net>
>
> As the number of planted tanks increases the number of CO2 setups
> increase. Seems like a rule. The answer would be a central tank with
> regulator in the basement, piped thru a manifold to the tanks on the
> first floor.
>
> Problem: what materal do we make the manifold and the tubing?
> Does copper as tubing present a problem?
> How about PVC, any leaching here?

I have done this with copper tubing.  It seemed to work just fine while I
was using it to run two tanks from one CO2 bottle.  (Eventually I put both
tanks on one trickle filter and ran a single CO2 reactor in the sump.)

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://home.istar.ca/~fir