native plant collection in Texas

I will be on vacation in San Antonio, Texas next week (Aug 3 - 7).
Can anyone recommend a nearby spot for native plant collections?
I used to live there myself (years ago, before I became a plant
nut). So, feel free to mention specific locations. I should be
able to find them. Does anyone know if there are any permits
required for such collections.

Off topic: Is anyone aware of any small (2 - 3 inch) native fish
that would be especially attractive in a native Texas plant tank
that I might also be able to collect?

Thanks,
Eric Deese

PS  Yes, George, I am aware that Anubias sp. are not native to
Texas, and I am disappointed that I won't be able to find any. ;-)