[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Clarifying agent

Hello Steve and all,

Which "clarifying agent" are we talking about? In wine production
bentonite and gelatin are used as clarifying agents. Are they also used
in aquaria? 

Or are people using "flocculating agents" which are used in waste water
treatment (although I doubt it)? Or something else?


George S

> Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 00:52:27 -0700
> From: Steve Pushak <teban at powersonic_bc.ca>
> Subject: clarifying agent after yeast spill
> This is the second report I have heard of successfully treating a yeast
> spill using a clarifying product from the aquarium store. I have heard
> of a lot of horror stories including dead fish after yeast spills. The
> treatment I've heard most often is remove fish and plants; 100% water
> change and rinse all the plants. I can't explain why a clarifying agent
> would be helpful. Maybe somebody else has a theory.
> Steve Pushak                              Vancouver, BC, CANADA