Re:Photo lighting

In a message dated 98-07-23 04:13:05 EDT, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
writes:

<<
 I have been trying with little success to photograph my aquaria.  One of
 the problems is that the pictures come out too yellow-green.  I've been
 using Fuji ASA 400 or 200 film.
 Is there a choice that's better for color balance of aquaria?  I use the
 existing lighting:  3 Corallife Trichromatics plus 1 "pink" light=Corallife
 Spectramax.
 Thanks,

I use a strobe light with Kodak film and have little problem with color
balance but do have glare issues.  In your case a blue filter should help
but will not be perfect yet.  It is much better to color balance the lighting
and keeping in mind that most film is balanced for natural sunlight or
Xeon Strobes.  When using strobes on a normal aquarium I use 3 strobes
for good light distribution as well a shields to prevent glare.  Experiment
with these as it would take a book to really detail everything here.

Good luck

Dennis